Cliburn Village Hall: Past and Present
The first building to be a Public Hall in Cliburn was originally situated at Haweswater where it had been used for workers constructing the new dam.
That building was dismantled and reconstructed in Cliburn where initially it served as a hostel for the Women's Land Army.
In 1951, the North Westmorland District Council gave consent for its change of use to become the Public Hall for Cliburn.
In the late 1990s application was made to the National Lottery for funds to build a the new Village Hall. A grant of £438,505 was awarded in August 2000.
The new Village Hall was formally opened on 20 April 2002.